What are my best article marketing tips? Let me start by telling you a little bit about article marketing, how it works and what you should do to get started.
Article Marketing is the process of writing articles for the major article directories. The benefit of using article marketing as part of your marketing strategy is three-fold. First and foremost, article marketing is free. That means you won’t have to invest money to succeed with article marketing. Next, you can generate more traffic to your website, blog or sales page and generate more sales and more leads. The third and final benefit of article marketing is that you can improve your website’s search engine optimization and backlinks.
I’ve been using article marketing for a few years now. At first, I had no clue about what I was doing. Over a period of five years, I learned from my mistakes and became proficient with article marketing. I’ve made a list of my successes and failures and have compiled my favorite article marketing tips for you below. They are listed in no particular order.
My Top 10 Article Marketing Tips
1. Develop a Marketing Plan: Before you get busy writing articles, you need to develop a written marketing plan. Your plan should detail your (1) mission, (2) vision, (3) goals, (4) target market, and (5) what you are trying to accomplish. Planning is an important aspect of every business. And it usually gets overlooked. That’s why it’s important to develop a written marketing plan before you start promoting your business. You can check out my sample one page business plan here.
2. Keyword Research: Before you write your first article, you need to do your keyword research. You should visit a website such as Google’s Keyword External Tool or Word Tracker. You want to find words that are high demand but have little competition. That way you can end up on the first page of Google.
3. Write Good Articles: In my opinion, the internet is flooded with crappy websites and crappy articles. You need to make sure that each article you write has a distinct purpose. It must be clear and to the point, easy to read, and provide value for your readers.
4. Upload to Major Article Directories: Once you have your articles written, you need to submit them to one or more of the major article directories. Personally, I don’t believe you should submit the same article to hundreds of different article directories. Instead, you should submit your article to one of the best directories. Next, you should spin or rewrite the article and submit it to a different directory. You should repeat this process for 3-5 different directories.
5. Outsourcing: If you are busy, I recommend you outsource your article writing. You can post a job request on Craigslist or elance. People can respond to your ad and write content for you. In most cases, it’s very affordable. It’s just important that you spot-check the work and check for plagiarism before you submit your articles to the article directories. I outsource most of my article writing. It saves me time and money.
6. Original Content: This goes hand-in-hand with what I just mentioned above. You must have original content. Otherwise, you will be penalized by the search engines. You can use a program such as CopyScape to check to make sure the content in original.
7. Article Length: I’ve found it’s best to aim for 400-600 word articles. Anything less isn’t enough and anything longer is too long. You want to be clear and to the point, but not bore your reader.
8. Author Bio: At the end of each article, you are allowed to write an author biography. This is where you tell the reader a little bit about yourself and provide a link to your website. You should spend a good amount of time writing a strong call to action, which encourages the reader to click on your link. Chances are, if a reader enjoys your article, he will click on your link. I average a 15-30% click through rate of most of my articles. That means that 15 to 30 of every 100 readers will click on my link and visit my website.
9. Catchy Title: Just like your author bio, you want to spend some time coming up with a catchy title. This should be something that captures your reader’s attention and makes them want to read your article.
10. Article Submission Software: At some point, you might want to consider purchasing article submission software. This software allows you to upload your article to hundreds of directories at once. It also lets you spin your articles. Most software programs range from $50 to $100. Check out my favorite article submission software.
As you can see, these are my favorite article marketing tips. Personally, I believe that article marketing is a great way to generate leads, get more sales, improve your website SEO and build more backlinks to your website. I also believe that article marketing should only be part of your marketing strategy. In other words, you should combine article marketing with other strategies such as video marketing, pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimization, joint ventures, e-zines and more.
In conclusion, these are my best article marketing tips. Please study the information on this page so you can learn the ropes of article marketing. If you apply these article marketing tips you will get better results in your online marketing efforts. I hope that helps.
Check your domain ranking